Training Programs :: Century Cycling Training
Century Cycling Training
Our 12-13 week cycling program is designed to train you to successfully complete a century or multi-day event ride. This program is ideal for beginning to intermediate road riders, beginning/intermediate triathletes who want to improve their strength, endurance and efficiency, or recreational riders who want to comfortably increase their miles.
Have fun, meet great people, and get in shape in a non-intimidating way! You'll also discover new riding routes in Chicago and surrounding areas. The program is geared (sorry for the pun!) towards completing the North Shore Century in Evanston on September 23rd or Apple Cider Century on September 30th. (Program runs from July 2nd through September 23rd.)
New for 2012:
- Mid-Week Interval Ride! Coach Jordan will lead you through a fun, yet challenging morning workout that will improve your strength, speed and efficiency!
FREE Training Peaks Online Training Schedule & Log
- Your daily training schedules will be delivered via Training Peaks — the leading Interactive web based training and nutrition log to help you achieve your goals. Log training & meals, track daily metrics (weight, sleep, etc.), upload workouts from your training devices (80+ devices supported, GPS, HR monitors, etc.), FREE iPhone app and mobile site available and MUCH more!
Follow the links below to find out about these innovative, fun, successful programs!
- Kickoff Party
- Program Benefits
- Training Days & Locations
- First Group Training Ride
- Clinics & Seminars
- Coaching Staff
- How to Register
6:30–7:30pm — Get a Grip Cycles
Get your questions answered, meet the coaches and staff, and have some fun with your teammates! We'll talk about the training schedule, the group rides, the North Shore Century and much more. The training schedule will be distributed via Training Peaks (we're working hard on being a greener company!), but we'll have some summary copies on hand.
Not only do you get to have a lot of fun, but you also get a ton of great stuff! Check it out:
- Professional, experienced (and nice!) coaches (more details)
- Personalized, daily training schedule for all levels, delivered via FREE Training Peaks account!
- Weekly e-newsletter with tips on training & program updates
- Weekly tips for training and Q & A at all training sessions with our coaches
- Coached group training
- Sundays 7:00am
- Multiple Pace Groups
- (more details)
- Custom team cycling jersey available at a great price from Sugoi
- Smart ID tag (for emergency contact info)
- Sponsor Benefits & Discounts/promotions from our partners:
- Educational seminars & clinics (more info below)
- Fun, team social activities
- and much more!
Group training sessions are held every Sunday morning from July 8th through the North Shore Century on September 23rd.
For a little more detail on what happens at those sessions, read on...
Sundays — 7:00am — We'll meet at Amundsen High School (5110 N Damen Ave. — meet in the parking lot just south of the school) — See map
The focus of these group rides will be on gradually increasing your fitness, riding skills and confidence! Our coaching staff will be on hand to help teach, challenge and motivate you! They will also ride along with you to motivate you and help with any concerns or questions that come up along the way.
BONUS: Free parking, restrooms & water are available at all of our Sunday group training sessions!
Tuesdays — 6:30-7:30am — We'll meet at the Foster Beach house parking lot — See map
The focus of these rides will be on intervals, strength and improving your cycling efficiency. These workouts are essential for becoming a stronger, more efficient and well rounded cyclist. You'll see the benefits on your long rides too!
Join us at our first Group Training Ride, 7:00am Sunday, July 8th. Meet in the parking lot on the south side of Amundsen High School, at 5110 N Damen Ave.
If you haven't registered, you must do so prior to the ride. See you there!
If you truly want to reach your goals, you need to do more than just put in the miles! Throughout the program, we will cover all aspects of bike fit, basic maintenance, group riding strategies and technique. Each week will focus on a specific skill set, both on and off the bike, such as:
- Off the bike
- Bike fit
- Basic maintenance
- On the bike
- On-road etiquette
- Nutrition (Eating/drinking on the bike)
Our head cycling coach, Jordan Grauer, has been an avid cyclist for almost 30 years and still fondly remembers his first racing bike. He's been a competitive cyclist since college, and in 1995, qualified for and successfully completed the 1,200 kilometer Paris-Brest-Paris ultramarathon cycling race. As co-owner and operator of Higher Gear bicycles for 13 years (1993-2005), Jordan was a key sponsor of Club Bicicletta, an amateur cycling club affiliated with the Higher Gear/Vox team. He has also led bicycle tours through Canada, France, Scotland, England, Switzerland, Australia, and New Zealand.
We're extremely proud of our professional, experienced coaching staff — they always go the extra mile to make sure you have a fun, successful training season! Why is it so important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your technique
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to travel or life in general
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smart, safe & effective manner
For more information on all of our coaches, click here.
Registration is closed.
|CES Alumni||New Members|
|Group Training Program||$185||$205|
New CES'ers, good news! Once you participate in ANY CES program, you are a CES alumni for life and will save $$ on future programs!
No refunds will be provided in full or in part for any reason, including injury, after a program begins. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com or call 866-237-7861 for more information.