Training Programs :: Spring Training
Spring Training 2014
The OFFICIAL training for the Fleet Feet Sports Soldier Field 10 Mile
Spring is an exciting season in the life of a Chicago runner. Days get longer, the lakefront path comes alive, and the local calendar fills with spectacular world class races! CES Spring Training will get you in perfect shape to give it your best in these races, offer you great amenities while you compete, and have you healthy and ready for summer marathon training.
A team of more than 20 CES coaches with decades of experience give participants hands-on guidance through a customizable twelve week program that features group runs twice a week. In addition, the CES Pace Team provides assistance during weekly long runs to make sure participants follow their prescribed workouts at just the right pace, not too fast, and not too slow!
Participants will follow a program that prepares them to succeed at all distances up to a half marathon (see several ideal races listed below). Additionally, the mileage progression is perfect for those who plan to race the Shamrock Shuffle in the midst of this training. Coaches are available daily via e-mail to answer specific questions, or to adjust training schedules to best fit specific needs.
We'll celebrate our hard work at the Fleet Feet Sports Soldier Field 10 Mile on May 24th. The CES Spring Training Hospitality Tent will provide private gear check, private restrooms, and race day packet pickup to enhance the experience.
It's simple. Nothing will get your running legs moving for 2014 like CES Spring Training! Want to know how to take part? See all of the exciting details below.
NEW in 2014!
You can now register for training and the Fleet Feet Sports Soldier Field 10 Mile in one easy payment! When the race price increases CES will retain the original race registration price. This offer is for a limited time only so register today!
Three Locations to Choose From!
CES Spring Training will be available at all THREE Chicago-area Fleet Feet Sports stores. This gives a WARM, DRY place to start, a safe place for personals, and a fun place to have coffee amongst running buddies after long runs.
Group training sessions are held twice/week at each location:
- Tuesdays & Saturdays at the NEW South Loop location (150 W. Roosevelt)
- Wednesdays & Saturdays at the Old Town location (1620 N. Wells St)
- Thursdays & Sundays at the Lincoln Square location (4762 N. Lincoln)
You get to pick the location that works the best for you! This also means that if you can't make it to your regular location, you can still join the gang at the other store! Everybody wins!
Follow the links below to find out about this innovative, fun, successful program!
- Free Base Training Plan
- Limited Space Available
- CES Spring Training Open House
- Spring Training 2014 New Member Orientation
- Ideal Target Races
- Program Benefits
- First Group Training Dates
- Pace Groups for All Levels
- Clinics & Seminars
- Our Coaching Staff
- How to Register
FREE BASE TRAINING PLAN
It is our goal to make sure that you have a successful training program and have the best chance at attaining your goals, whatever they may be. We want you to avoid injuries as much as possible. Part of having a successful and injury free training program is making sure that you have a strong base of activity for before training officially begins. We have created a four week base training program for you that will allow you to have as successful, injury free and fun training program. Please look over the base training program and help set yourself up for success!
In order to maintain the high quality that CES is known for (and which participants expect of CES), this program is limited to 500 people. Most of our programs SELL OUT before training begins, and this one could too — don't miss your chance — register today!
Chicago Endurance Sports will be hosting an Open House at our three training locations. Attendees will have the opportunity to run with the CES Pace Team, meet and converse with CES Coaches, register for the training program, and those who are registered for Spring Training will be able to pick up their training packet (premium included). The Open House is free to those who RSVP.
- Saturday 3/1/14 at Fleet Feet Sport — South Loop (150 W Roosevelt, Roosevelt Collection)
- Saturday 2/22/14 at Fleet Feet Sports — Old Town (1620 N Wells St)
- Sunday 2/23/14 at Fleet Feet Sports — Lincoln Square (4762 N Lincoln Ave)
Packet Pickup, Registration, and Coaches available for Q&A 7:30am – 10:30am
Parking options at Fleet Feet Sports, Old Town:
- $2 for the first hour with validation at Old Town parking deck
- metered parking on Wells St. or North Ave.
- street parking in the Old Town neighborhood
Parking options at Fleet Feet Sports, Lincoln Square:
- metered parking in the Square or Western Ave.
- street parking in the Lincoln Square neighborhood
Parking options at Fleet Feet Sports, South Loop:
- Metered parking in the Roosevelt Collection
- Parking in the Roosevelt Collection parking garage is currently free. Updated details for the parking garage will be updated when necessary.
CES will present all of the information and inspiration a new member needs after our first workouts on March 8th and 9th. The program will explain how to use Training Peaks, our coaching philosophies, how to contact coaches, and the common habits of our most successful participants.
One does not need to do a race to benefit from CES Spring Training, but the following races fit the schedule of the program very well:
- Fleet Feet Sports Soldier Field 10 Mile* (Fully supported race day experience)
- Bank of America Shamrock Shuffle
- Madison Marathon Events' Half Marathon
- Chicago Spring Half Marathon
*Register for CES Spring Training and the Fleet Feet Sports Soldier Field 10 Mile and pay the original race registration price! This deal is for a limited time only so register today!
Not only do you get to have a lot of fun, but you also get a ton of great stuff too! Check it out:
- 12 weeks of wonderful, spring training to keep you motivated through the cold weather and in shape into the summer
- CES branded premium apparel item for the first 500 GROUP training registrants!
- Sizes are available on a first come first serve basis so do not wait to pick up your gear!
- A warm, dry place to start and finish the runs, store your gear and go for coffee!
- Fantastic amenities at the Soldier Field 10 Mile, including race day packet pickup*
- Professional, experienced (and nice!) coaches (more details)
- Personalized, daily training schedule for all levels
- Running and Run-Walk support from the CES Pace Team (more details)
- Weekly newsletter with tips on training & program updates
- Weekly tips for training & Q & A at all training sessions with our coaches
- Coached group training — 2X per week
- Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays 6:30pm
- Saturday & Sunday 7:30am and 7:50am**
- (more details)
- Pace Leaders for every pace and distance
- Smart ID shoe tag — let's be safe out there!
- EXCLUSIVE shopping promotions from Fleet Feet Sports
- EXCLUSIVE shopping promotions from Fleet Feet Sports
- FREE Clif Bar product samples
- FREE Fitness checkup or Injury screening at AthletiCo Sports Medicine
- Discount on Video Gait Analysis at AthletiCo
- Educational seminars & clinics (more info below)
- and much more!
*If you sign up for Spring Training, Soldier Field 10 Mile
**In order to reduce congestion at the start of our group runs on Saturdays, we will be staggering the start times:
- Run/Walkers will start at 7:30am
- Runners will start at 7:50am
- South Loop: Saturday, March 8th
- Old Town: Saturday, March 8th
- Lincoln Square: Sunday, March 9th
For a little more detail on what happens at those sessions, read onů
Tuesdays/Wednesdays/Thursdays — 6:30pm at Fleet Feet Sports (we'll meet at the store, then head out for our run)
The focus of these mid-week runs will be on form, strength and speed. Our coaching staff will be on hand to help teach, challenge and motivate you!
Saturdays/Sundays — 7:30am and 7:50am at Fleet Feet Sports (we'll meet at the store, then head out for our run)
These days are reserved for the long, slow distance runs that are so important to the success of endurance runners. The CES Pace Team is available to guide you at the appropriate pace. Our coaches will also run with you to motivate you and help with any concerns or questions that come up along the way.
BONUS: Restrooms, changing rooms, secure gear storage and water are available at all of our group training sessions!
We have pace leaders for all levels of Run and Run/Walkers:
- Groups from 7:30 to 11:30 minutes per mile, in 30-second increments (i.e. 7:30, 8:00, 8:30, etc.)
- 8 min run with 1 min walk interval (8/1)
- 10:30 min/mile
- 5 min run with 1 min walk interval (5/1)
- 3 min run with 2 min walk interval (3/2 - progresses to 4/2)
Note: While we always strive to have more than enough pace group leaders, please be aware that we depend on the availability of qualified, dependable people. If you are interested in becoming a pacer, or know of someone that might be interested, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information!
If you truly want to reach your goals, you need to do more than just put in the miles! Our expert speakers will present clinics on a variety of topics including:
- Core & Strength Training
- Injury Prevention & Flexibility
- Food as Fuel: Sports Nutrition
- Using Technology to enhance Training
- Good Form Running — become a more efficient runner!
- Mental Skills Training
- and more!
Who says training can't be fun? The CES professional coaches will help you run or walk faster and farther, feel better about yourself and have a great time doing it! Together, our coaches have a total of over 50 years of coaching experience as well as many years of competitive experience. They have trained thousands of athletes to achieve their goals — YOU CAN DO IT TOO!
For more information on our coaches, click here.
Online registration is available at mindbodyonline.com by clicking on the button below:
Group Training ONLY(Does NOT INCLUDE Race Entry)
Group Training + Race Entry(INCLUDES registration to Fleet Feet Sports Soldier Field 10 Mile)
Virtual Training ONLY**(Does NOT INCLUDE Race Entry)
Virtual Training + Race Entry**(INCLUDES registration to Fleet Feet Sports Soldier Field 10 Mile)
* Race registration processing fees are included into the price.
** Virtual Training is a great option if you don't live near one of our training locations! You'll receive your schedule online and support from our coaches, as well as a weekly email update with coaching tips, race updates and more.
Please note: Race entry fees are NOT included with the training program fees — you are responsible for race registration and all fees that apply to that registration.
New CES'ers, good news! Once you participate in ANY CES program, you are a CES alumni for life and will save $$ on future programs!
No refunds will be provided in full or in part for any reason, including injury, after a program begins. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com or call 866-237-7861 for more information.