Training Programs :: Swim Technique Class
Swim Technique Class Level 1 and Level 2 — Winter 2017
Ready to tackle your first triathlon next summer? Already tried one, but want to improve your swimming technique, speed and/or endurance? Are you tired of having to hang on the wall every length? Would you like to become more efficient and finally enjoy swimming? Let the coaches from CES help you! We will teach you efficient swimming techniques, challenge you with great workouts and send you home with a new perspective on triathlon swimming.
- Limited Space Available
- Class Descriptions and Requirements
- Training Days & Locations
- Experienced Coaches
- How to Register
Limited Space Available
In order to maintain the high quality that CES is known for (and which participants expect of CES), this program is limited to the following number of swimmers for each class:
- Level 1: 12 swimmers
- Level 2: 12 swimmers
Don't miss your chance to join us — register today!
Class Descriptions and Requirements
Are you tired of having to hang on the wall every length? Would you like to become more efficient and finally "enjoy" swimming? Let the coaches from CES help you! We will teach you efficient swimming techniques and send you home with a new perspective on triathlon swimming.
We will be taking a "back to basics" approach with the beginning group, breaking down the freestyle to the basics — posture and balance. You MUST be able to swim a minimum of 25 yards (one length of a standard pool) without stopping, with your face in the water (except when breathing, of course!).
Level 2 Intermediate/Advanced
This class will concentrate on fine tuning your swimming skills. This group will emphasize posture and body position, but with a much faster progression than in Level 1. We will also cover skills for open water and finish each class with a short workout. You should be able to swim a minimum of four (4) lengths of the pool without stopping. Notice we didn't say how FAST you had to do it! That's why you're taking the class, right?
Training Days & Locations
Session 1: January 9 through February 6
Mondays — 5 weeks*:
- January 9 from 7:00–7:45pm
- January 16 from 5:45–6:30pm
- January 23 – February 6 from 7:00–7:45pm
Session 2: February 13 through March 20 — CANCELED
Mondays — 6 weeks*:
- February 13 – March 13 from 7:00–7:45pm
- March 20 from 6:00–6:45pm
Session 1: January 3 through February 7
Tuesdays — 6 weeks*:
- January 3 from 6:00–6:45pm
- January 10 – February 7 from 7:00–7:45pm
Session 2: February 14 through March 21
Tuesdays — 6 weeks*:
- February 14 – March 14 from 7:00–7:45pm
- March 21 from 6:00–6:45pm
*NOTE — Due to UIC facility scheduling (Holiday/Break hours), the class start times will change
UIC Sport & Fitness Center
828 S. Wolcott
Chicago, IL 60612
What do I need to bring?
The following is provided by UIC:
- Full use of bathroom facilities and locker rooms. Please note that we do NOT have access to the rest of the facilities!
- Shower amenities: shampoo, conditioner and body wash.
- Swim caps will be provided by CES.
So, you just need to remember to bring:
- swim suit
- lock for a locker
- an open mind!
PayBox parking is available on the surrounding streets. Public transportation is also a great way to get to/from the pool.
Our Coaching Staff
Craig Strong & Daphne Glover
We're extremely proud of our professional, experienced coaching staff—they always go the extra mile to make sure you have a fun, successful training season! Why is it so important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your form & technique
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to travel or life in general
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smart, safe & effective manner
Click here for more information on our awesome coaches!
How to Register
Online registration is available by clicking on the links below:
|CES Alumni||New Members|
|Swim Technique Level 1|
|Session 1 (5 weeks)||$130||$144|
|Session 2 (6 weeks)||$154||$169|
|Swim Technique Level 2 (both sessions)||$154||$169|
New CES'ers, good news! Once you participate in ANY CES program, you are a CES alumni for life and will save $$ on future programs!
No refunds will be provided in full or in part for any reason, including injury, after a program begins. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com or call 866-237-7861 for more information.