Training Programs :: Summer/Fall Half Marathon Training 2017
Summer Half Marathon Training 2017
Half Marathon? More like a FULL 13.1 miles!
Join our comprehensive, 17-week training programs that will prepare you for a late summer or fall half marathon. No matter what your experience level is, our coaches will guide you with challenging, effective and smart training! Get motivated, meet some great people, have fun and get in shape all at the same time!
CES is so much more than "JUST" another training program: it’s a community, a family and a lifestyle. Join us!
We'll be targeting several possible goal races - one at 12-weeks into the program, and another at the end of September. Have fun ALL summer long!
- Half Madness (Batavia) — August 27th
- Fox Valley Half Marathon (St. Charles) — September 17th OR
- Chicago Half Marathon (Chicago) — September 24th
Train for ANY Fall Half Marathon:
Not planning to run one of the races listed above? No problem! The CES coaches can help modify your training schedule to fit another fall half marathon within a week or two of our goal races. You can still do your long runs with the group. You don't have to do it alone!
Registration fills up fast, so join today!
Training Days and Locations
Our Half Marathon Training program is available out of FOUR*, Fleet Feet Sports locations:
This year, we've added some additional training location opportunities for the first 2 months of the program.
*IMPORTANT NOTE: In order to provide the BEST coaching & pacing support for the entire length of the program, the Lincoln Square & South Loop locations will ONLY be available through July 31. Beginning August 1, ALL Half Marathon group training will ONLY take place at either the Elmhurst OR Old Town locations.
- SOLD OUT!
Fleet Feet Sports — Old Town (1620 N. Wells Street, Chicago)
- Wednesday, 6:30pm
- Saturday, 6:00am (run/walk), 6:30am (run)
- SOLD OUT!
Fleet Feet Sports — Elmhurst (124 East Schiller St.)
- Tuesday, 6:30pm
- Saturday, 6:30am
- SOLD OUT!
Fleet Feet Sports — Lincoln Square (4762 N. Lincoln Ave.)
*IMPORTANT NOTE: The Lincoln Square location will be available through July 31. Beginning August 1, ALL Half Marathon group training will ONLY take place at either the Elmhurst OR Old Town locations.
- Thursday, 6:30pm
- Sunday, 6:30am
- SOLD OUT!
Fleet Feet Sports — South Loop (150 W. Roosevelt Rd.)
*IMPORTANT NOTE: The South Loop location will be available through July 31. Beginning August 1, ALL Half Marathon group training will ONLY take place at either the Elmhurst OR Old Town locations.
- Tuesday, 6:30pm
- Saturday, 6:30am
Hosting our training at Fleet Feet Sports is like having our own "clubhouse". We always have a dry, warm (or cool), place to start & finish, a safe place to store some gear during the runs, experts from Fleet Feet on hand before and after the runs, and plenty of nearby places to have coffee or breakfast with your running buddies after the long runs!
FIRST GROUP TRAINING SESSION
Saturday, June 3rd: Old Town, Elmhurst & South Loop
Sunday, June 4th: Lincoln Square
Please note start times above. For a little more detail on what happens at those sessions, read on...
Mid-Week Group Sessions — we'll meet at the store, then head out for our run
The focus of these mid-week runs will be on form, strength and speed. Our coaching staff will be on hand to help teach, challenge and motivate you!
Saturdays/Sundays — we'll meet at the store, then head out for our run
These days are reserved for the long, slow distance runs that are so important to the success of endurance runners. Pace Leaders are available to guide you at the appropriate pace. Our coaches will also run with you to motivate you and help with any concerns or questions that come up along the way.
BONUS: Restrooms, changing rooms, secure gear storage and water are available at all of our group training sessions!
Not only do you get to have a lot of fun, but you also get a ton of great stuff too! Check it out:
- Professional, experienced (and nice!) coaches (more details)
- Personalized, daily training schedule for all levels — delivered via FREE Training Peaks account
- Performance running singlet from Nike to the first 200 registrants
- Running and Run-Walk training programs and pace groups (more details)
- Weekly newsletter with tips on training & program updates
- Weekly tips for training & Q & A at all training sessions with our coaches
- Coached group training—2X per week
- (See below for details)
- Pace Leaders for multiple paces and distances
- Post-workout stretching with pacers & coaches
- Fun socials and parties with your teammates throughout the season
- CES & Fleet Feet Sports race day Hospitality Tent
- Restrooms, changing rooms, secure gear storage and water are available at all of our group training sessions!
- Smart ID shoe tag for emergency info
- Sponsor Benefits:
Discounts/promotions from our partners:
- Educational seminars & clinics (more info below)
- and much more!
|Group Training Program||CES Alumni||New Members|
| SOLD OUT!
|Virtual Training Program||CES Alumni||New Members|
In order to maintain the high quality that CES is known for (and which participants expect of CES), this program has a limited number of registrations available. This popular program will likely SELL OUT — don't miss your chance — register today!
Half & Full Marathon Fun Runs/Open Houses
Join us for a fun run - have a good time on the path, and get to know what CES and our half/full Marathon training programs are all about. Meet our coaches, pacers and fellow athletes - we know you’ll love them as much as we do! Get all your questions answered, and then get registered for training this summer!
- Fleet Feet Sports, Old Town — Saturday, May 20 at 7:30am
- Join the CES Coaches/Pacers and Alumni for our Summer Half/Full Marathon Fun Run!
What's happening at the fun run, you ask?
Choose from a 3 or 6 mile distance - it's up to you! You'll get a chance to run with our CES Spring Training athletes, pacers and coaches, as they finish up their final group run before the Soldier Field 10 Mile run! Stick around after the run to socialize, ask questions and enjoy some light refreshments. You'll get a great sense of how the CES program works, and see how much fun we have!
Sometimes we need a little help from our friends. We need motivation to start and encouragement to keep it going and support that says we are doing a good job. Our Chicago Endurance Sports Pacers and Mentors are the best in the business in keeping a consistent training pace, teaching (and following) path etiquette and keeping us safe on the popular Chicagoland running paths no matter your pace or experience level.
- Groups from 7:30* to 11:30 minutes per mile, in 30-second increments (i.e. 7:30, 8:00, 8:30, etc.)
*NOTE: 7:30 & 8:00 pace groups are ONLY available at our Old Town location.
- 5 Minute Run With 1 Minute Walk Interval (5/1)
- 3 Minute Run With 2 Minute Walk Interval (3/2 progresses to 4/2)
Note: If you are interested in becoming a pacer, or know of someone who might be interested, please contact us at email@example.com for additional information.
If you truly want to reach your goals, you need to do more than just put in the miles! Our expert speakers will present clinics on a variety of topics including:
- Good Form Running — become a faster, more efficient runner — with less effort!
- Tools & Gadgets for Endurance Runners (GPS, Heart Rate monitors, iPhone apps, etc.)
- Helpful Recovery tools & techniques
- Tricks for Speedy Long Run Recovery
- Core & Strength Training
- Injury Prevention & Flexibility
- Food as Fuel: Sports Nutrition
- Mental Skills Training
- Comprehensive Race Prep
We're extremely proud of our professional, experienced coaching staff—they always go the extra mile to make sure you have a fun, successful training season! Why is it so important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your running form
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to travel or life in general
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smart, safe & effective manner
Click here for more information or to reach out to any of our awesome coaches!
New for 2017: Now includes team shirt! (shipping not included)
Do you live too far away and can't make it to the group workouts? Can't make it to any of the Group training sessions because of conflicts?
We've got the solution for you: try our Virtual Training option and you'll receive your daily training schedule and coaching support online (via Training Peaks), access to race day hospitality tent, as well as the weekly email newsletter with coaching tips, race updates and more. The virtual program is a great way to train on your own with virtual support from a helpful team of coaches.
Online registration is available by clicking on the link below:
New CES'ers, good news! Once you participate in ANY CES program, you are a CES alumni for life and will save $$ on future programs!
No refunds will be provided in full or in part for any reason, including injury, after a program begins. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com for more information.