Training Programs : Ironman Wisconsin Training Camp
Ironman Wisconsin Training Camp: 2018
The Ironman Wisconsin Training Camp weekend takes place from August 17th through August 19th and is a great opportunity to get to know the Ironman Wisconsin race course, learn the inside tips and tricks from the experienced Chicago Endurance Sports Ironman coaches and meet and train with other Ironman athletes and hopefuls.
We'll be hosting supported group swim, bike and run training sessions on the Ironman Wisconsin course. Come hang out and train with the experienced Chicago Endurance Sports coaching staff (Mike Norman, Craig Strong, Daphne Glover, Jordan Grauer and more) as you get familiar with the course, the city and meet some other cool people. We've trained hundreds of people for this specific event, and you'll get the benefit of our years of experience and knowledge of not just racing Ironman, but the specifics of racing in Madison.
You do not have to be racing Ironman Wisconsin to participate — if you're thinking about racing next year, this is a fantastic opportunity to get a feel for what the course will be like and how beautiful it really is. It's also a fantastic weekend of training — and each workout can be shortened, if necessary.
Training Camp Overview:
(View the detailed agenda here)
- Optional open water swim in marked course, with kayak support
- Pre-ride bike course overview with coaching tips & strategies
- Group, supported ride on the Ironman bike course (Support and Gear(SAG) support provided by Rocket Bicycle Studios)
- Course maps/cue sheets provided
- Gear check
- Chicago Endurance Sports tent with support at start/finish and halfway point of "The Loop"
- Fun, post-ride BBQ & social with coaches at Rocket Bicycle Studios (food & beverages included)
- Post-ride massage & compression recovery boots available
- Madison Open Water Swim (MOWS) event in Lake Monona, site of the Ironman swim (fees not included in camp registration). Registration opens early May
- Coached team warm-up prior to the event, covering race tactics and tips for open water success
- Coaches and staff will watch your gear while you're swimming
- Group brick ride/run in afternoon (covering the "stick" portion of the bike course)
- Gear check
- SAG support
- Dinner & beverages (included) at the beautiful University of Wisconsin Memorial Union
- Interactive, comprehensive race prep clinic covering all aspects of racing Ironman Wisconsin
- Race site & Transition clinic and walk-through at Monona Terrace
- Group supported long run on the Ironman Wisconsin run course
- Marked course
- Multiple aid stations
- Optional group lunch
Registration is limited.
Limited Space Available
In order to maintain the high quality that Chicago Endurance Sports is known for (and which participants expect), this program is limited to 50 people. We've sold out the last several years, and this one will too — don't miss your chance — register today.
Hotel Block Available
We are in the process of finalizing a discounted room block - details will be available shortly!
Our Coaching Staff
Craig Strong & Daphne Glover
We're extremely proud of our professional, experienced coaching staff—they always go the extra mile to make sure you have a fun, successful training season! Why is it so important to have qualified coaches? They can:
- Evaluate your current fitness level and goals to make sure you are training at an appropriate level
- Evaluate and suggest ways to improve your form & technique
- Assist you if you need to adjust your training schedule, in the event of an injury or missed training due to travel or life in general
- Motivate and challenge you to reach your goals in a smart, safe & effective manner
Click here for more information on our awesome coaches!
How to Register
Online registration is available by clicking on the link below:
|Current CES Ironman Members||CES Alumni||New Members|
|3-Day Training Camp:*||FREE||$250||$275|
No refunds will be provided in full or in part for any reason, once we are within two (2) weeks of the start of camp. Injuries will be dealt with on an individual basis. No prorated fees are provided for late enrollments.
Please contact us at info@ChicagoEnduranceSports.com for more information.